Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Here's a list

of things I almost posted on Facebook until I remembered I still have a blog.

1. I came super close to buying a bow tie just because an 11-year-old from Memphis made it. I don't wear bow ties but I think just knowing that it was made by an 11-year-old from Memphis (and why the fact that he's from Memphis is persuasive to me is a little puzzling but not really) might make me start wearing a bow tie.

2. Work today reminded me of Grey Gardens (well, not reminded me...made me think of) (and the charming part, not the teary, shouty part), and I now have a new favorite line from the film..."Mother wanted me to come out in a kimono, so we had quite a fight."



3. Why is it that when I read Martha Stewart's recipes, I read them in her weird, flat, patrician monotone?

(In the first comment for #3 I would also include "Why am I reading Martha Stewart recipes at all?" And then in the second comment for #3 I would add, "Much less reading them aloud?")

4. I'm expecting my favorite movie of the year to be either Inside Llewyn Davis or American Hustle, because that's what everyone's saying should be my favorite movie. But until I see those movies, I think my favorite movie is Prince Avalanche.

5. 2013 has been a pretty good year.

(In the first comment for #5 I would say "Aww, Tori Amos!" and then post this--

.)

No comments: